Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 24 of 24

Thread: Fire fat phill???

  1. #21
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fire fat phill???

    He is an LB/ST coach. One Dale Jones, formerly of Tennessee. http://www.goasu.com

    The thing I see on the Appy St staff is no overlap. You don't have a DL coach and a DE coach like UT.

    The bottom line is that according to all of the recruiting rankings, UT continues to bring in top notch talent. How I do not know since it seems as though UT has become a black hole of talent.

    Once they get there, it is up to the coaches to develop the players. That is something that isn't being done.

    The days of UT having their choice of top players is long gone. The USC's, LSU's, OU's, and UF's of the world are the top destinations now. And until there is a change in the philosophy in Knoxville, UT's fortunes will keep falling.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #22
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fire fat phill???

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The days of UT having their choice of top players is long gone. </div></div>

    Not true. A 3rd ranked class last year and a top 5 two years before that shows that's not quite accurate.

    This year they're getting all kinds of interest from top players. Including the #1 player in the country. Below is a small excerpt from a Rivals article that was done today. This kids name is Lawrence Guy from Las Vegas and he's one of the top DL in the country. He said in an interview a week or so ago that it'll be hard for him when he makes he visit to UT in a little over a month not to commit.

    >"I think I have close to 30 and 11 sacks in three games," Guy said. "I've shown that I'm not a fluke. I'm the truth.

    Guy's stats are truly impressive when you take into account that he is double and tripled teamed almost on every play.

    Needless to say that Guy's phone has been ringing off the hook since September 1st.

    Tennessee, Oklahoma, Arizona, Arizona State, Washington, Washington State, Utah, San Diego State and UNLV are among the schools that have ringed the Guy household.

    "My focus is mostly on Tennessee, Oklahoma and Arizona State," Guy said. "I'm still open to other schools and I'm looking at all my options.

    "Tennessee is a good program and once they straighten out their offense, they are going to be dominant this season," Guy said. "I liked out in Oklahoma when I went to their football camp last summer.<


    Some of these kids just don't pan out. Even when they don't get the top talent, often times they turn them into good players. Inky Johnson is the most recent example. He was a 2* player coming out of high school. He was playing like an All American before a career ending injury. IMO, this is still the after effects of the whole Jimmy Ray Stephens, Pat Washington, Randy Sanders situation. When all of that was going down, top offensive players were going elsewhere. Especially, OL. Defensive players also didn't want to go through what UT's 05 defense went through; be the best defense in the country and lose games 6-3. So, even though they might have been signing 4* kids, the kids that I'm sure they thought better of and would have been able to get if not for the previously mentioned stuff, went somewhere else. Phil should have a pineapple showed up his ass for keeping so much dead weight on staff for so long.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  3. #23
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Fire fat phill???

    I think that UT kinda has the same problem that FSU has, both teams bring in top notch talent year in and year out. But it seems like they just try and get a couple good guys at each position, instead of recruiting for their own system. Florida for example goes out every year and brings in a big, strong, and quick QB, 13 WR's with 4.3 speed, and 6 RB's that are just as fast. Then come game time they have guys flying all over the field, their spreading it out and scoring 50 points a game.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member bellyright's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 4th, 2006
    Posts
    81
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fire fat phill???

    I believe that I could have been successful if I had the talent that he has had in the past. & I wasnt even real succueesful @ the p-nut level
    Success is never final;
    Failure is never fatal;
    It is courage that counts.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •